Last updated on December 24th, 2018
Erectile Dysfunction is an issue to have and maintain an erection. This sexual dysfunction is usually seen in men after they reach above 30 years. However, there are cases of men being affected with ED before entering in his 30s.
This is the reason why men fear a lot and take necessary measurements to maintain a healthy sexual drive and performance. This is because a man can suffer from this issue due to lack of desire and interest. The lack of desire is usually seen when a man suffers from poor libido, resulting in Erectile Dysfunction.
The reduction in libido can be numerous, apart from losing interest in your partner. Those are some of the aspects that lead to Erectile Dysfunction or Impotence.
Causes Of Erectile Dysfunction
Men over 30s face ED mainly due to aging. Aging brings out the testosterone levels that affect sexual and physical fitness. Apart from aging, numerous reasons cause Erectile Dysfunction:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Multiple sclerosis
- Tobacco use
- Treatments for prostate cancer or enlarged prostate
- Sleep disorders
- Certain prescription medications
- Surgeries or injuries that affect the pelvic area or spinal cord
- Metabolic syndrome
- Peyronie’s disease
- Poor physical health
- Parkinson’s disease
- Low testosterone
- Heart disease
Apart from all these causes, excess fat in the body can lead to Impotence. The growth of excess body fat can reduce the testosterone levels, affecting your sexual and physical health. Having excess body fat or suffering from Obesity can be dangerous to health.
Although there are some medical reasons that we can’t help completely, the reasons like excess drinking, smoking and drug usage can be controlled. Excess fat, cigarette smoking, Alcohol consumption and drug usage can lower testosterone hormone, leading ED.
So, this is the reason why you should always take care of your health.
Ways To Fight Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile Dysfunction is a sexual disorder that can spoil a healthy relationship. No doubt, there are ways to combat such issues, you have to maintain patience. No doubt, we are suggesting some effective ways to combat ED, it is advisable not to overdose or overdo. So, follow any of the remedies that you are comfortable with, and keep doing until you see results.
- Manage Your Stress: It is commonly found that men with excess stress tend to suffer from Erectile Dysfunction. This is because excess stress or anxiety can increase Cortisol hormone, a stress hormone in the body that blocks healthy working of neurotransmitters. The blockage of neurotransmitter working can affect the libido, sexual desire and performance. The bad mood in men can also lead to suffering from Premature Ejaculation. Excess stress can lower your testosterone level that again is a major problem. So make sure you manage your stress to enhance your neurotransmitters and mood.
- Regular Workout: Daily exercising or performing yoga can lower your stress and burn excess fat. Yoga can bring body flexibility, relaxation and keep you in a good mood. Hitting the gym can reduce your fat content and provides a lean body. Regular physical activities can boost testosterone levels and maintains overall fitness. If not hitting the gym or performing yoga, walking some kilometers every day can help to burn your calories. Also, it can lower your bad mood, boost blood circulation and can help suppress Cortisol hormone.
- Supplements: Male enhancement or bodybuilding supplements can be most beneficial to combat sexual dysfunction or improve sexual health. The supplements that can help be helpful are the products that have natural ingredients. The natural ingredient products are mostly side-effect free and good effects on the health. Such supplements can be easy to use and require no doctor’s prescription. However, if you are suffering from any other health issues or under any medical treatment, consult a doctor before using.
- Healthy Diet: A healthy diet is essential with all the necessary food items. Eat food items that are rich in antioxidants, amino acids, fiber, vitamins and minerals. These food items can help keep you fit and combat dysfunctions effectively. A nutritional diet can combat free radicals, keeps you full for longer duration and provide numerous vitamins and minerals. These can be one of the best side-effect free way to build and restore a healthy physique.
- Sleep Peacefully: Sleep is very important when it comes to building a healthy body, increase energy levels, mood and testosterone production. A healthy sleep of 8-10 hours can boost testosterone levels and repairs the body healthily. A healthy sleep can enhance neurotransmitters that can boost moods and sexual desires. Also, it can help improve performance and sex drive. So sleep peacefully and let relaxation reduce your anxieties and stress to restore overall body fitness.
Erectile Dysfunction is a serious issue like Obesity and it can paralyze your sexual fitness and confidence. There are cases of men suffering from depression due to poor erection, libido or unable to satisfy the partner. In that case, it is necessary to keep your physical fitness good and maintain good health measurements.
You can also limit your unhealthy habits and change your lifestyle to be healthy and fit.